California Consumer Privacy Act - CCPA
California has adopted the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), which took effect at the beginning of 2020. We comply with the requirements of the CCPA to the extent they apply to us.
If you are a California resident and we qualify as a “business” under the terms of that law, you will have the following rights:
- You have the right to request that we disclose the categories and the specific items of personal data about you that we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell and that personal data about you that we have collected, used, disclosed, and/or sold during the 12 months prior to your request.
- You also have the right to have the personal data we collect about you deleted. We use a two-step process to verify your identity and to have the information deleted. Your rights to have personal data deleted are subject to several exceptions, specifically the personal data that is necessary for us to:
- complete your transaction;
- provide you a good or service;
- perform a contract between us and you;
- protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- fix our system in the case of a bug;
- protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adhere to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- comply with a legal obligation; or
- make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- To make any request under the CCPA, you must send us an email to [email protected] with your name, e-mail address, and telephone number. We may request other information in order to reasonably verify your identity. We will respond to your request within 10 days after receipt of your request, and we will then take action to verify your identity and fulfill your request, as required by the CCPA.
- We will provide you with a copy of your stored data within 45 days of your request, assuming we are able to verify your identity in that period and so long as you provide a correct email address for successful correspondence.
- You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, which means that we will not take any action to hurt or punish you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
- You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf by writing to us at [email protected]. Upon receipt of your request, we will provide you with the information you will need to designate that agent.
We have listed the specific and general categories of information we have collected, disclosed, or sold in the last 12 months in the section above entitled “The data we collect about you.” That section also lists the specific and general categories of personal data we have disclosed to third parties for our business purposes.
We do not sell your personal data or provide data that can be traced back to a particular user. We do provide aggregated information about certain categories of users to the merchants whose businesses you visit using the Services, all as described in the section entitled “How we use your personal data” above. We do not allow minors or users under the age of 16 are not allowed to use the app.
For more information, please direct your questions to us at [email protected].